Hours of Operation
- Tuesday to Saturday
9:00 am - 4:00 pm
- Closed on all Statutory Holidays
- Weight based (scale) fees as per the current Resource Recovery Facilities Regulatory Bylaw.
- Organic Waste Disposal Facility. Public and Commercial organic waste accepted. Loads larger than 1.5 m3 require 48 hours advance notice to arrange disposal. Contact the RDCK's Environmental Services Department.
- Satellite Depot Recycling Facility. Bins are located inside the entrance gate and are accessible during regular site hours.
- Recycling Facility DOES NOT accept commercial/business generated recycling.
- MARR Facility. Recycle most residential major appliances for free.
- Reuse Centre to drop off household items that are still in working condition and taken for free and reused by others. Mixed Waste fee applies to drop off items.
- Yard & Garden Waste accepted for free in April and October (only). User fees apply during the rest of the year.
- Core Depot Recycling Facilities collect all Recycle BC’s category types.
- Satellite Depot Recycing Facilities collect only paper & cardboard, plastic & metal containers, and glass.
- Approximately 6700 tonnes of waste landfilled each year.
- Approximately 2600 tonnes of waste diverted each year. Diverted materials include: corrugated cardboard, glass containers, metal containers, mixed waste paper, plastic containers (#1 - #7); plastic bags.
- Closure expected in 2050 with an anticipated cumultative waste volume of 801,664 m3.
The content on this page was last updated May 4 2023 at 8:56 AM