Regional Parks & Trails
The parks systems consists of 27 Regional Parks and 3 Regional Trails. We manage over 580 hectares (1435 acres) of parkland for the public to enjoy.
We would like your feedback so that we can continue to improve the quality of your park experience!
Parks & Trails Status:
- From August 8-18, trucks and machinery use may cause a small disruption to the Nelson and Salmo Great Northern Trail. Please use caution.
- Pulpit Rock Trail is open. A bypass has been created around the rockfall. Stick to the new route and use caution.
The Nelson Slamo Great Northern Trail is closed from Hwy 6 to Hall siding due to construction and seasonal bear activity.
- Official Regional Parks Plan Bylaw No. 2044, Consolidated 2018
- Regional District of Central Kootenay Park Regulation Bylaw No. 2173, Consolidated 2018
- Schedule A , Park Regulation Bylaw No. 2173
Park Amenity Donations
Contributions to the Regional District of Central Kootenay's (RDCK) Amenity Donation Program enhances the enjoyment of regional parks and trails. Celebrate friends, family and memorable events with an inscribed plaque on a donated bench or picnic table.
How to reach us:
Regional District of Central Kootenay
Box 590, 202 Lakeside Drive, Nelson V1L 5R4
Phone: (250) 352-1574
The content on this page was last updated August 8 2023 at 6:22 AM