17. Pulpit Rock Access Regional Trail
195 Johnstone Road, Rural Nelson
Regional Park Service: Nelson, Salmo, Area E, Area F, Area G
Pulpit Rock Access Regional Trail is designated as a non-motorized public recreational trail that is used extensively in the non-snow months by locals and tourists. It is easily accessible from the City of Nelson and offers a short but steep 1.8km walk to a rock bluff overlooking the city and surrounding area. The trailhead is accessed via Johnstone Road on the north side of the West Arm of Kootenay Lake, adjacent to the City of Nelson.
It is important to not that Pulpit Rock Access Regional Trail provides the only legal gateway to the Pulpit Rock Trail Network, consisting of the following trails:
1. Pulpit Rock Lookout - a 1.8km trail which is the primary destination of most hikers.
2. The Flagpole: consists of two additional trails (original and
newer trails), one 0.9km and the other 1.1km from the Pulpit Lookout.
3. CBC microwave tower (height of land): a 3.3km trail up from The Flagpole.
4. Birch Grove Trail: a 0.9km spur that links the Pulpit Lookout
to the power line right-of-way and the CBC road.
Pulpit Rock Access Regional Trail includes a parking area, bike rack, information kiosk and well established trails. Please visit WildsafeBC for wildlife conflict reduction strategies.
The content on this page was last updated February 25 2021 at 3:35 PM