Land Use & Planning
For information on scheduled Public Hearings, please visit the Notices/Advisories, Land Use and Planning - Public Hearings webpage.
This page contains information about the following Planning related items: Land Use and Planning, Helpful Documents and How to Reach Us.
The Planning Department is responsible for the administration of zoning, land use and development applications. The department is also involved in the development of long-term community plans which focus on the future vision and objectives of communities within the rural electoral areas of the Regional District. Regionally focused projects that involve member municipalities or other Provincial agencies and interest groups include sustainability, agriculture, affordable housing and climate change. The principle functions of the Planning Department are:
- to prepare land use plans and policies for consideration by the RDCK Board to promote the allocation of resources in support of planned and orderly development;
- to serve the community by responding to a wide range of inquiries and applications related to the use and development of land;
- to administer RDCK land use bylaws, standards and policies;
- to provide the opportunity for meaningful public consultation; and
- to act as a resource to the RDCK Board on planning and development matters.
- Information on Identifying Contaminated Sites (Link)
- Site Disclosure Statement (Link)
- Schedule 2, Industrial and Commercial Uses (Link)
How To Reach Us
Box 590, 202 Lakeside Drive
Nelson, BC V1L 5R4
Toll-Free: 1-800-268-RDCK (7325)
Phone: (250) 352-1536
Fax: (250) 352-9300
Please note that we are currently experiencing a high volume of inquiries and appreciate your patience as we continue to provide responses to emails and phone calls.
of Development & Community
The content on this page was last updated November 17 2022 at 8:37 AM