The Regional District of Central Kootenay (RDCK) is committed to protecting the privacy of any personal information you may provide when visiting our website. Part of that commitment is to explain what information may be collected and why, how it will be used and who may have access to it. Our practices have been designed to ensure compliance with the privacy provisions of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (British Columbia) ("FOIPPA"). Any personal information you provide to us is collected, used and disclosed in accordance with FOIPPA.
This privacy statement applies to interactions with the RDCK’s website. It does not apply to any other website. Following is an overview of our website practices.
What Personal Information We Collect
- When you visit the RDCK's website, you do so anonymously there is no need to tell us who you are.
- If you direct an enquiry to RDCK department, we will ask you to provide your name and mailing address or email address for the purpose of responding to your enquiry. Only those who "need to know" will have access to the personal information provided.
- When you complete online transactions, job applications, or enter online surveys or contests we may collect personal information such as your name, address and e-mail.
- The RDCK does not collect or retain your email address in a database format although some Internet Service Providers may automatically include your email address with your IP (Internet Protocol) address.
What Session Information We Collect
- The RDCK's website logs the date and time of the visit, the web pages or services accessed, the type of browser and operating system and the IP address of all site visitors. An IP address is the number automatically assigned to the computer or to the ISP (Internet Service Provider) that is requesting a website content page.
- We use IP addresses to analyze trends, administer the site, track visitors' movements and gather broad demographic information for aggregate use. Information is also collected for the purpose of assessing system performance, improving web services and web site management. IP addresses are not linked to personally identifiable information.
- Some of the services available from the RDCK's website may require the use of "cookies". The RDCK's website uses "per-session" cookies only.
- Per-session cookies are small files that are temporarily stored in your computer's memory and are deleted when you leave the RDCK's website
Protection of Personal Information
- The RDCK is obligated to protect your personal information by making reasonable security arrangements against such risks as unauthorized access collection, use, disclosure or disposal.
- Security measures have been integrated into the design, implementation and day-to-day operating practices as part of the RDCK's commitment to the protection of personal information it holds.
Changes to this Privacy Statement
- The RDCK may revise this Privacy Statement from time to time to reflect changes to our website. As a result, you should visit this page periodically to review the contents.
The content on this page was last updated February 12 2014 at 8:51 AM