Phase 2 - Watershed Governance Initiative
From May to August 2021, following months of planning and continued relationship building, the Watershed Governance Initiative team piloted the Data Collation and Mapping project to create a user-friendly map to access existing data related to watersheds. The 16 weeks of work included research, surveys, interviews, and numerous meetings with community groups and watershed stewards.
The WGI Data Collation and Mapping project has provided:
- Increased understanding of the great number and diversity of drinking water systems in the RDCK;
- Increased understanding of the pressures (governance, development, climate crisis, unknown and compounded, geo-hazard, industrial) facing watersheds;
- Increased relationships with those who are working to protect their watersheds and understanding of the challenges encountered;
- The creation of the Watershed Governance Initiative Web Map to collect and display existing data; and,
- The creation of the Watershed Governance Initiative Story Map to demonstrate how the web map data can be used by local community groups.
The content on this page was last updated January 30 2023 at 7:32 AM
Back to top