EnerGuide Home Evaluations
Register to have an EnerGuide Home Evaluation to be eligible for the Government of Canada Greener Homes Grant and other incentive opportunities.
The EnerGuide Pre-Upgrade Home Evaluation is critical for a number of reasons:
- To ensure all of your upgrades will count towards current rebate offers
- To identify where your house is leaking and losing heat
- To determine what energy efficient upgrades (retrofits) can be done to increase comfort, reduce energy consumption and lower greenhouse gas emissions
- To prioritize which upgrades would be most beneficial to your home
- A Pre-Upgrade EnerGuide Home Evaluation is required as the FIRST STEP for the new Government of Canada Home Energy Retrofit Initiative which provide grants up to $5,000 towards energy upgrades and free EnerGuide evaluations
The EnerGuide Post-Upgrade Home Evaluation is important as it:
- Ensures you can apply for rebates for your qualifying upgrades
- Allows you to track the improvements your upgrades made to your home
- Provides you with an up to date energy performance label for your home taking into account all of your upgrades
- This EnerGuide Home Evaluations include a thorough home inspection, energy model and a blower door test as well as a detailed final report and performance score at the end.
Learn what Nelson resident, Laura thinks of the energy evaluation and why you should do it too!
The content on this page was last updated May 31 2023 at 5:18 AM
Back to top