WKBR Hospital District

Welcome to the webpage for the West Kootenay-Boundary Regional Hospital District (WKBRHD).
Here you will find information about the following:


Hospital districts are legislated under the Hospital District Act.

The main purpose of the WKBRHD is to provide funding for hospital equipment and capital projects. Projects and priorities are proposed each year by the Interior Health Authority (IHA), with a list developed in consultation between the IHA and WKBRHD. The hospital district typically pays for 40% of the cost of approved projects while the remaining 60% is funded by the Provincial Government or through donations provided by local hospital foundations.

For more information on programs and services offered by Interior Health, please visit the Interior Health website at www.interiorhealth.ca

Mission Statement

That the West Kootenay-Boundary Regional Hospital District Board of Directors’ mission is to determine local property taxpayers’ responsibility for health care matters established by the Hospital District Act within the West Kootenay-Boundary Regional Hospital District’s authority.


The West Kootenay-Boundary Regional Hospital District (WKBRHD) is a separate entity from the Regional District of Central Kootenay. The hospital district board is comprised of 17 RDCK directors and 13 Regional District of Kootenay-Boundary directors:

Central Kootenay:

Area A: Garry Jackman
Area D: Aimee Watson
Area E: Ramona Faust
Area F: Tom Newell
Area G: Hans Cunningham
Area H: Walter Popoff
Area I: Andy Davidoff
Area J: Rick Smith
Area K: Paul Peterson
Castlegar: Kirk Duff
Kaslo: Suzan Hewat
Nakusp: Joseph Hughes
Nelson: Janice Morrison
New Denver: Colin Moss
Salmo: Diana Lockwood
Silverton: Leah Main
Slocan: Jessica Lunn

Kootenay Boundary:

Area A: Ali Grieve
Area B: Linda Worley
Area C: Grace McGregor
Area D: Danna O’Donnell
Area E: Vicki Gee
Fruitvale: Bill Wenman
Grand Forks: Cathy Korolek
Greenwood: John Bolt
Midway: Robert Grouette
Montrose: Don Berriault
Rossland: Janice Nightingale
Trail: Lisa Pasin
Warfield: Arlene Parkinson

Board Chair: Suzan Hewat
Board Acting Chair: Lisa Pasin


WKBRHD Board Meetings will be held at 6:00pm on the following dates:

  • Wednesday January 26, 2022 (Remote);
  • Wednesday March 23, 2022 (Remote);
  • Wednesday June 22, 2022 (Remote) and
  • Wednesday September 28, 2022 (Remote).

Board Agendas and Minutes

To view agendas and minutes, click on the below:

Meeting Date



March 23, 2022


January 26, 2022


October 27, 2021


June 23, 2021


March 24, 2021


January 27, 2021


October 21, 2020


March 25, 2020


January 22, 2019


October 23, 2019                 


June 26, 2019


March 6, 2019 





Meeting Cancelled
























 Meeting Cancelled























If you would like to view Agendas, Minutes and Newsletters for years prior to 2017 please submit your request to info@rdck.bc.ca.


Do you or an organization wish to make a presentation to the WKBRHD Board?
If so, please consult the Delegation Policy.

To request to appear before the Board, please fill out and submit the Delegates Request.

The content on this page was last updated March 29 2022 at 11:58 AM