RDCK Use of Social Media
The RDCK uses social media to share updates and information of public interest with residents, visitors, businesses and organizations. Our website is the official source of information about the RDCK.
We monitor our social media accounts and respond to comments during regular RDCK business hours, between 8:30am and 4:30pm. In some situations, such as during an emergency, we may use this page to share information and respond to inquiries outside of regular business hours.
Social Media Participants’ Code of Conduct
In order to promote productive and respectful discussions, we require that all users of this page follow the guidelines outlined below. By participating, you agree to comply with the RDCK’s Social Media Participants’ Code of Conduct. Any posts not in compliance with these guidelines may be removed and users may be banned.
Posts, comments and links must not contain any of the following:
- harassing, defamatory, libelous, threatening, hateful or demeaning statements;
- profane, rude, abusive, obscene, indecent or offensive language;
- anything which a person of reasonable sensitivities may find to be offensive;
- sexual content or links to sexual content;
- matters before the courts or otherwise in dispute, or matters that could reasonably be assumed to proceed to litigation in the future;
- non-public information of any kind, including such things as in-camera items, unpublished details about RDCK: software, details of current projects, financial information, research and trade secrets;
- invasion of anyone’s privacy or impersonation of anyone;
- references to illegal activities, unless for educational purposes;
- solicitation of business;
- comments supporting and/or opposing political campaigns or referendums;
- anything contrary to the principles of the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms
- information that compromises the safety or security of individuals or public buildings; and
- personal, sensitive, or confidential information about any person.
All RDCK Social Media Accounts
Updated as of July 2019
Fire & Emergency Services
The content on this page was last updated July 21 2021 at 12:52 PM
Back to top