Evacuation Alert rescinded for Duhamel Creek
May 6, 2023
Nelson, BC: The Regional District of Central Kootenay (RDCK) Emergency Operations Centre (EOC) has rescinded the Evacuation Alert for 165 properties in the community of Six Mile around the Duhamel Creek fan in Electoral Area F.
“Based on the long range weather forecast and in consultation with technical experts, we are able to remove the Evacuation Alert for Duhamel Creek,” said Sangita Sudan, RDCK EOC Director. “However residents in Six Mile and throughout the RDCK need to understand freshet season is far from over. It is imperative for residents to be prepared and stay informed by monitoring local weather and current stream flows.”
The RDCK warns everyone to stay away from the edges of watercourses and report any erosion or flooding to the Provincial Emergency Coordinator Centre at 1.800.663.3456. Sandbags and sand remain available to all residents at any of the locations listed on the RDCK website: www.rdck.ca/befloodprepared.
Information about Evacuation Orders and Alerts in the RDCK can be found on the RDCK website, Facebook and Twitter. For details about evacuation and emergency preparedness, along with other resources, please visit www.rdck.ca/eocinfo. The RDCK EOC public inquiry line is 250.352.7701.
For more emergency about evacuations and emergency preparedness, along with other resources:
- Current RDCK Evacuation Alerts, Orders and Rescinds or call 250.352.7701
- Report flooding or any new hazards to the 24-hour toll-free provincial emergency number at 1.800.663.3456.
- Sign up for RDCK Emergency Notification System to receive notifications
- RDCK web map
- Follow the BC River Forecast Centre for flood warning and advisories
- Public weather alerts for BC from Environment Canada
- Fortis BC Outage Map or call 1.866.436.7847
- BC Hydro outage map or call 1.800.224.9376
- Nelson Hydro 1.877.324.9376
- Drive BC for highway closures and road conditions
- Yellowhead Road and Bridge (YRB) 1.888.630.1420
- Prepared BC
Click here to view a print-friendly PDF version.
The content on this page was last updated May 6 2023 at 7:22 AM