Evacuation Alert issued for Renata Creek Wildfire
July 21, 2021
Nelson, BC: On the recommendation of the BC Wildfire Service (BCWS), the Regional District of Central Kootenay (RDCK) has issued an Evacuation Alert for the community of Renata and any other dwellings within the Evacuation Area perimeter, on the east shore of Lower Arrow Lake in Electoral Area J due to the Renata Creek wildfire (N51688). See map of Evacuation Alert below.
At this time residents or visitors within the area are not required to evacuate, however the RDCK advises people to remain vigilant and be prepared to leave the area at a moment’s notice. It is recommended to prepare an emergency kit and ensure preparedness, including moving pets and livestock to a safe area, in the event the situation worsens and an Evacuation Order is enforced. Part of your plan should include where you can go if evacuated.
The Renata Creek wildfire was first discovered on July 9 and estimated at 300 hectares. The BCWS has determined the cause to be lightning.
Updates or changes to the Evacuation Alert will be provided via the RDCK website, Facebook and Twitter as more information becomes available. For details about evacuations and emergency preparedness, along with other resources, please visit www.rdck.ca/eocinfo.
For up to date information on current wildfire activity, conditions and prohibitions, call 1 888 3-FOREST (1 888-336-7378) or visit www.bcwildfire.ca.
- Current RDCK Evacuation Alerts, Orders and Rescinds: www.rdck.ca/eocinfo or call 250-352-7701
- Sign up for RDCK Emergency Notification System to receive notifications
- BC Wildfire – Interactive Map of Current Fires
- Public weather alerts for BC from Environment Canada
- Highway closures and conditions from DriveBC
- For the BC Air Quality Health Index
- Emergency preparedness information from Prepared BC
Click here to view a print-friendly PDF version.
The content on this page was last updated July 21 2021 at 3:42 PM