Evacuation Alert for Trozzo Creek wildfire removed
August 17, 2021
Nelson, BC: On the recommendation of the BC Wildfire Service (BCWS), the Regional District of Central Kootenay (RDCK) is removing the Evacuation Alert for the area from south of Popou Rd north to Ringrose Creek. BCWS advises imminent danger of wildfire to life and properties has diminished at this time.
The Trozzo Creek wildfire was first discovered on July 9 and BCWS determined the cause to be lightning.
An Evacuation Order and Alert was issued on July 21. The Evacuation Order area was reduced on July 22. The Evacuation Order was downgraded to an Alert on August 3.
The RDCK advises people to remain vigilant in the event that conditions change and an Evacuation Alert or Order may be re-issued and the evacuation process will recommence. It is recommended to prepare an emergency kit and ensure preparedness, including moving pets and livestock to a safe area, in the event of another emergency.
Information about Evacuation Orders and Alerts in the RDCK can be found on the RDCK website, Facebook and Twitter. For details about evacuations and emergency preparedness, along with other resources, please visit www.rdck.ca/eocinfo.
For up to date information on current wildfire activity, conditions and prohibitions, call 1 888 3-FOREST (1 888-336-7378) or visit www.bcwildfire.ca.
For more information about evacuations and emergency preparedness, along with other resources:
- Current RDCK Evacuation Alerts, Orders and Rescinds: www.rdck.ca/eocinfo or call 250-352-7701
- Sign up for RDCK Emergency Notification System to receive notifications
- BC Wildfire – Interactive Map of Current Fires
- Public weather alerts for BC from Environment Canada
- Highway closures and conditions from DriveBC
- For the BC Air Quality Health Index
- Emergency preparedness information and tips from the Prepared BC website
Click here for a print-friendly PDF version
The content on this page was last updated August 17 2021 at 2:34 AM