Confirmed COVID-19 case at Nelson & District Community Complex
August 11, 2021
Nelson, BC: The Regional District of Central Kootenay (RDCK) has been notified by Interior Health (IH) that a guest at the Nelson & District Community Complex has tested positive for COVID-19.
The guest was a participant in a camp program on August 5 and 6. Anybody who may have been exposed is being contacted directly.
This information is being provided out of transparency. Some details are not being released for privacy reasons. If we receive any further direction or guidance from Interior Health, we will act accordingly.
If you are a close contact of a confirmed COVID-19 case, the IH Public Health team will contact you directly. If this happens, follow the directions provided to you by the Public Health team. In cases where not everyone can be reached, IH will post public exposures online: https://news.interiorhealth.ca/news/public-exposures/
The RDCK reminds everyone to continue to be vigilant and to follow the guidance from the BC Provincial Health Officer to keep yourself and your loved ones safe from COVID-19. Learn more from the following resources:
- BC Centre for Disease Control: http://www.bccdc.ca/health-info/diseases-conditions/covid-19
- BC Ministry of Health: https://www.healthlinkbc.ca/health-feature/coronavirus-disease-covid-19
- Interior Health Authority: https://news.interiorhealth.ca/covid-19/
- Health Canada: https://www.canada.ca/en/public-health/services/diseases/coronavirus-disease-covid-19.html
- If you and your family members develop symptoms, call your health‐care provider or 8‐1‐1 (BC Health Link) to discuss any need for testing and follow-up.
Click here for a print-friendly PDF version.
The content on this page was last updated August 11 2021 at 1:13 PM