Evacuation Order for Trozzo Creek wildfire downgraded to Evacuation Alert
August 3, 2021
Nelson, BC: On the recommendation of the BC Wildfire Service (BCWS), the Regional District of Central Kootenay (RDCK) is downgrading the Evacuation Order to an Evacuation Alert for the area from south of Popou Rd north to Ringrose Creek. This reduction to an Alert means residents can return to their properties, but must be prepared to leave on short notice should conditions change.
The Trozzo Creek wildfire was first discovered on July 9 and is currently estimated to be 5,202 hectares. The BCWS has determined the cause to be lightning. More information can be found on the BC Wildfire Service Wildfires of Note page.
The RDCK advises residents on Evacuation Alert to remain vigilant and be prepared to leave the area at a moment’s notice. It is recommended to prepare an emergency kit and ensure preparedness, including moving pets and livestock to a safe area, in the event the situation worsens and an Evacuation Order is enforced. Part of your plan should include where you can go if evacuated.
Updates or changes to the Evacuation Alert will be provided via the RDCK website, Facebook and Twitter. For details about evacuations and emergency preparedness, along with other resources, please visit www.rdck.ca/eocinfo.
For up to date information on current wildfire activity, conditions and prohibitions, call 1 888 3-FOREST (1 888-336-7378) or visit www.bcwildfire.ca.
For more information about evacuations and emergency preparedness, along with other resources:
- Current RDCK Evacuation Alerts, Orders and Rescinds: www.rdck.ca/eocinfo or call 250-352-7701
- Sign up for RDCK Emergency Notification System to receive notifications
- BC Wildfire – Interactive Map of Current Fires
- Public weather alerts for BC from Environment Canada
- Highway closures and conditions from DriveBC
- For the BC Air Quality Health Index
- Emergency preparedness information and tips from the Prepared BC website
The content on this page was last updated August 3 2021 at 11:03 AM