Non-Resident Property Electors

You may vote in the 2014 General Election as a non-resident property elector if:

  • You do own property in the electoral area, however, you do not reside there;
  • As an owner, you are an individual, not a corporation, and you do not hold your interest in trust for a corporation or another trust,
  • You are a Canadian citizen;
  • You are at least 18 years of age on the day that you vote; 
  • You have lived in BC for at least 6 months prior to voting day;
  • You have been a registered owner of real property in the Regional District for at least 30 days prior to voting day;
  • You have written consent of the majority of registered owners (if applicable) for the real property authorizing you to be registered as the non-resident property elector for this property. Please note, only one non-resident property elector may vote per property.
  • You have not registered as a non-resident property elector in relation to any other parcel of real property in the Regional District.
  • You are not disqualified from voting or convicted of an indictable offence for which you are currently in custody or have been found guilty of an election offence.

Do I need to register prior to voting?
No.  All electors register when they vote on voting day.

To register, non- resident property electors will need to bring the following:

You are required to produce two (2) pieces of ID that together prove who you are and where you live.  One MUST have your signature.

Acceptable forms of identification include:

  • BC Driver's License
  • BC Identification Card
  • BC CareCard or Gold CareCard
  • Citizenship Card
  • Credit or Debit Card
  • ICBC Vehicle Insurance Documents
  • Residential Property Tax Notice
  • Social Insurance Card
  • Utility Bill

The content on this page was last updated September 17 2014 at 2:15 PM